Thursday, May 31, 2007

Post Pics of Your Pets Day



In honor of Post Pics of Your Pets Day I would like to share a recent photo of my corpulent cat Dimitri Shostakitty. He is around 13 years old and incredibly cranky. We have been inhabiting the same household for about 11 years. Despite the fact that he has one working kidney, he gets around very well. I hope we have many years together.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Ah, Dimitri! I knew you when. And I remember what your previous name was, poor kitty.

Dimitri is looking good! Here's to many, many more years.

Kelly said...

(Dimitri is a touch bigger than he was when I last saw him, but the same can be said about me, so who am I to judge?)

Nanette said...

Hello Dimitri! :)

Anonymous said...

Dimitri is a street wise cat who knows how to survive. He is tough and he rules. But he can be very sweet too
Remenber when he was visiting when Smokey and Loki and I was staying with your mom he gave Smokey a tip off the top of his mountain. Because Smokey was so big he was used to other cats being sub missive not Dimitri he knew the big bad world and now spoiled house cat was not going to win. Way to go Dimitri. You earned it.

Rug's Bug said...

Nice to meet you Dimitri. Kelly has me intrigued. His name before?

Jules said...

Dimitri is very cute! He looks like a sweet kitty. (And I love his name!)

Kelly said...

Heather might not want this to get out, but in a previous life, before Dimitri was Heather's companion, his name was Balls. (That was back when he had some.)

Heather said...

Specifically Rasta-balls. The person who found him put a Rastafarian bracelet around his neck for a collar. He needed to be rescued and I had to change the name, you understand.

What Dreams said...

Dimitri's adorable. From some reason the second picture doesn't work.
If ever he needs a little brother or sister, Aunt Bobby can hook you up;-)

Anonymous said...

Boy can I hook you up. I now three black cats, one which became a mommie. I am usally more responsible, but I was sick and thought she was younger than she was. Now we have three kittens two tabbies and a grey and white that will be 5 weeks old this week. The gray and white (female ) is call cutie pie and the twins are Josephine and Nalpoleon.

What Dreams said...

Oh no, Aunt Bobby, you didn't name the kittens?
That makes it so much harder to give them up.
I need to come by and see them. They must be little bouncing fur-balls by now.