Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cleaning Music

When we clean our abode we always have to listen to music. What gets you going? What do you listen to in order to make dusting and vacuuming a little more interesting?

10 comments:

What Dreams said...

Ella Fitzgerald. Big surprise, huh?
I also like Verde. There's nothing like "Rigoletto" to inspire elbow grease.

What Dreams said...

I mean Verdi.

Heather said...

Ella is pretty inspiring. Last weekend we listened to "How High the Moon" while picking up. That solo was incredible! We both had to pick up our jaws off the floor along with the dirty laundry. I'm not sure I could keep the tears out of my eyes to see what I was cleaning if I listened to "Rigoletto." It is inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I'm afriad I'm the low brow. I listen to something with a beat like 60's or 70's rock-n-roll

Kelly said...

I'm with Aunt Bobby on this one. You need some rockin' music to clean effectively. Some Blood, Sweat, and Tears, old Chicago Transit Authority, maybe some Fleetwood Mac. (And we might toss in a bit of Tenacious D...)

Kelly said...

And I love some salsa Verde when I clean.

What Dreams said...

Ella does go from the cellar to the attic on "How High the Moon," and she doesn't miss a step in between.

What Dreams said...

The best house work music is the music you make yourself, along with your sister.
I have so many happy memories of singing with your mother.

Heather said...

WD: I have heard that singing with my mom was the only way the two of you could be around each other without fighting. In fact, Mom just sang a few of her "standards" using Jack's bright yellow electric guitar this morning. It brought back many memories.

What Dreams said...

We didn't fight any more than any other siblings did, and that's plenty, and we had lots of fun together too!
I would have fought tigers for her then and I'd do it now, so would she.
I wish we still sang together. That was the best music ever.