Sunday, May 20, 2007

Balloonists have an unsurpassed view of the scenery, but there is always the possibility that it may collide with them.

My commute to school on Friday was incredible. At 7:20 am I was driving west on Highway 7. As I crested a very large hill I noticed about 30 balloons in the air. It absolutely took my breath away. It was a perfect day for ballooning; not much wind and not too chilly. Appareantly there was a balloon festival in Erie this weekend and the mass of balloons served to advertize for this event. At one point, about half a mile from I-25, I was completely surrounded by balloons landing in fields. I hadn't been this close to so many balloons since we used to go to the Balloon Rally.



5 comments:

Kelly said...

What great pictures! That looks like so much fun.

What Dreams said...

So beautiful and serene.
One of my goals is to take a balloon ride before I die.

Anonymous said...

The first time I saw ballons in the air was early 70's in Albuquerque in Feb, for the international races, it was beautiful. One ballon almost landed in the hospital parking lot. They always look like the best way to travel by air.

Heather said...

I bet the Albuquerque races are beautiful. How many balloons show for that one?

Anonymous said...

I don't remember it was so long ago