Isn't it pretty? It seems to like the Western Slope a little more than this side of the state.
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
It's beautiful. There are fewer people over here and the views are great. It sounds like the school end was very stressful and you are ready for vacation
When I searched "Hairstreak" I received the following definition from answers.com
Any of numerous butterflies of the subfamily Theclinae, having transverse streaks on the undersurface of the wings and fine, hairlike projections on the hind wings.
I also found out that they really like scrub oak and they eat tree sap, raindrops, and "honeydew" from aphids and other insects.
I teach middle school band and choir and conduct a community chamber ensemble. I travel a lot in order to see my friends and family scattered around the country.
4 comments:
It's beautiful. There are fewer people over here and the views are great. It sounds like the school end was very stressful and you are ready for vacation
I don't remember ever seeing a Colorado Hairstreak.
We're going camping this weekend, so I'll keep my eye out & my camera charged.
Thanks
Aunt Joan
It's lovely, but I don't understand its name. Why "hairstreak"?
When I searched "Hairstreak" I received the following definition from answers.com
Any of numerous butterflies of the subfamily Theclinae, having transverse streaks on the undersurface of the wings and fine, hairlike projections on the hind wings.
I also found out that they really like scrub oak and they eat tree sap, raindrops, and "honeydew" from aphids and other insects.
Post a Comment