Sunday, September 2, 2007

Weird Al

Last night we (Myself, Jack, Mom, Rodger) went to see Weird Al in Grand Junction. It was fantastic! I can't believe how much energy that man has after 2 decades of touring and making records. We all had a great time! He performed some of his classics such as Fat and Eat It, as well as music from his new album, Straight Outta Lynwood. It was worth the almost $50/ticket just because he didn't have an opening act. The whole 2.25 hours was Weird Al. I highly recommend checking out this latest tour, well worth seeing.

6 comments:

What Dreams said...

Well, I hate to whine, but . . . You were in town and you didn't call us?

Heather said...

By the way, Aunt Joan and Aunt Bobby, Jack and I are in town and you are to come over for dinner tonight. Ribs, smoked turkey legs and corn are on the menu. See you soon!

AmyW said...

I didn't even know that Wierd Al was still touring! That had to have been a riot! But here's where I'm a bit perplexed - my sis n law the conductor, my bro n law the elementary music teacher and jazz lover, my mom n law the folk music lover and Rodger the bagpiper all found common ground in Wierd Al? Well, I guess who else could unite all genres (even me who has not a musical bone in my body can appreciate Wierd Al). Sounds like fun (and dinner tonite sounds even better) - wish we could be there for all the fun!

What Dreams said...

Amy,
You should have heard the version of "Eat It" your cousin-in-law, Dan, recorded when he was about Alex & Tanner's age.
It was all vocal, even the guitar solos, and it was hilarious.
I wish we still had that recording.
Get lots of recordings of your kids. They'll be very precious some day.

Kelly said...

Weird Al in concert!! I'm so jealous! I bet that was an awesome show. Tell me, did he sing Nature Trail to Hell?

Heather said...

The common thread, Amy, is that we are all nerds.

Kelly, he didn't sing Nature Trail to Hell. He did sing a really funny song about Albuquerque and Sour Kraut. It was a stream-of-consciousness song that was hilarious!