Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We're Back!

Hey everyone. We're back from our grand adventure. I will need to get my thoughts in order before I wrap up this vacation segment. Just thought you all would like to know that we survived the plane trip back. Blech. There was a two hour delay because 4 people didn't actually board the plane. After a few minutes they decided to take off the luggage for two of the people who did not show. I think it's weird that people wouldn't board a plane but checked their luggage in. I hope they are alright. After they sorted through the luggage, 40 minutes, we taxied to the runway. When we arrived at the runway we were told that there was a minor something-or-other that had to be fixed and so we traveled to a parking lot in order to have a mechanic/engineer look at the problem. After the engineer left the plane we had to wait for our turn at the runway again. After all that we arrived at about 7:50 pm last night, which felt like nearly 3 am to us. We are not up for another 10 hour flight for a while.

8 comments:

What Dreams said...

Glad you're back safe. We can't wait to see all the pictures.
It seems ominous that someone checks baggage but doesn't get on the plane. What's in those bags that he/she doesn't want to fly with?
Any way. Hope to see you all soon!

Kelly said...

Yikes! I'm glad you all survived the trip home. The handful of cross-Atlantic flights I've done were no fun, and they all went perfectly smoothly. (Of course, I was pregnant with the twins for one, so I spent most of that flight in the bathroom line.)

Can't wait to hear more about the trip and see pictures!

What Dreams said...

Are you guys coming to GJ soon?
If so, I'll make scones and bring the clotted cream and jam, your mom can make tea, someone will come up with cucumber sandwiches, and we'll have a picture viewing tea party.

Anonymous said...

I'll bring the tea sandwiches. Glad you're home. Yes we need a picture viewing tea party.

Heather said...

I would be up for a picture-viewing tea party. I won't be there until probably August.

Kelly said...

Yes, but when are you coming to Chicago for the Midwest picture-viewing tea party?

Heather said...

We might be able to make it there in December. Have the girls had tea cakes yet? You put jam and an unsweetened whipped cream on them. YUMMY!

Purrl's mom too said...

I have to tell you guys, This was a trip of a lifetime. Not only did I see some of the places I've dreamed about for years, I got to see it with Heather and Jack. Not too many parents get to spend that kind of time with their kids. What a wonderful trip. I still can't figure out what my favorite spot was. I guess I'll just have to go back and look again.