
I am one of the lucky few who get a spring break. The only drawback is that Jack's spring break is the following week. Last year Jack took a few days off during my spring break so that we could spend some time in Glenwood Springs; a beautiful little town about 2 hours from Grand Junction on I-70. We had a wonderful time swimming in the hot springs pool while snowflakes fell all around. It sure brought back memories of high school when the marching band would perform in an annual parade in Aspen followed by a wild time skiing, for those who ski, and then a few hours in Glenwood at the hot springs pool.
This year's spring break is hardly romantic. I spent a few days helping my friends Nick and Shari with their brand new baby boy and I took a day trip to Estes Park for some serious shopping and relaxing. It was nice, but it wasn't the Glenwood Spring pool during a snowstorm.
The picture at the top is the golf course by the visitor's center in Estes Park. There had to have been 30 elk in this park. It was such a beautiful sight. There was one genius who decided to get up close for some camara time with an elk. These animals are wild and unpredictable. I couldn't believe that someone would get this close to a wild animal.
4 comments:
Ah. I have some wonderful memories of being in the hot springs pool in Glenwood during snowstorms. Thanks for remind me! Good times.
What beautiful animals.
We HAVE to go to Rocky Mountain National Park this summer. We just have to find some sucker to water our considerable lawn for a few days.
Fanatasy:
When David comes in July, we could camp at the park and you and Jack could come and meet us. (I prabably couldn't get Uncle Richard to leave his precious lawn for that long, but maybe you could help encourage him)
I would love to come up and meet you! RMNP is one of my special soul-cleansing places. Any excuse to run up there is fine with me!
The worse the weather, the better the Glenwood hot springs pool.
Post a Comment