I didn't even get my village up. A little over a year ago I rushed one of my co-workers, Don Chaffin, to the doctor because he was in terrible pain. Turns out he had an aortic anurism, and he didn't make it. On Friday, his wife Joan gave me two little Christmas village houses that Don had hand painted. A few tears were shared by all. Those houses will have an honored place in my Christmas village this year.
WD: I'm so sorry about last Chirstmas for you. I remember that time was very sad. I hope those new village houses bring you joy and happy memories for many years. Thank you for sharing your memories with me.
K: I may end up moving the tree into the living room in place of the loveseat, but I'm not sure yet.
N: I know I am a great procrastinator. I just felt like it was a good time to get the decorations up. It is not unusual for Christmas decorations to stay up until Valentine's Day here. I will try to get it put away by the first weekend in January. Who knows if it will actually happen.
I teach middle school band and choir and conduct a community chamber ensemble. I travel a lot in order to see my friends and family scattered around the country.
4 comments:
Lovely! The new paint makes all the difference.
I didn't even get my village up.
A little over a year ago I rushed one of my co-workers, Don Chaffin, to the doctor because he was in terrible pain.
Turns out he had an aortic anurism, and he didn't make it.
On Friday, his wife Joan gave me two little Christmas village houses that Don had hand painted.
A few tears were shared by all.
Those houses will have an honored place in my Christmas village this year.
It looks great.....your father is amazed you did it so early..
WD: I'm so sorry about last Chirstmas for you. I remember that time was very sad. I hope those new village houses bring you joy and happy memories for many years. Thank you for sharing your memories with me.
K: I may end up moving the tree into the living room in place of the loveseat, but I'm not sure yet.
N: I know I am a great procrastinator. I just felt like it was a good time to get the decorations up. It is not unusual for Christmas decorations to stay up until Valentine's Day here. I will try to get it put away by the first weekend in January. Who knows if it will actually happen.
Post a Comment