Jim loves Patapan too! I never even heard the name until I met him. Funny how these things run in families! I love them all and really can't name a favorite - but my morning poll reveals that Tanners favorite is Jingle Bells and Alex votes for Frosty the Snowman!
"Patapan" is wonderful, Kelly and Airan's "O Come O Come Emmanuel" is one of my recent favorites. A new favorite is Loreena Mckennitts "Banquet Hall". I have it an a cd entitled " To Drive the Cold Winter Away". I'm ready for the sun to return. I guess that's why the put Christmas right there, only I guess it was waiting for the "son" to return. Odd how, religions borrow events or beliefs, but don't give validity to each other. Don't mind me, I'm feeling particularly earth and season sensitive. Must be the lack of light. I'm ready for the winter to go.
I teach middle school band and choir and conduct a community chamber ensemble. I travel a lot in order to see my friends and family scattered around the country.
7 comments:
I love Christmas music. I love the whole genre. I particularly love O Come, O Come Emmanuel and The Carol of the Bells. And many others.
My favorite carol is Good King Wenceslaus. It reinforces that Christmas is about giving, not getting.
(Though I still like the getting part.)
i like i'm dreaming of a white christmas.and silent night. hugs grandma c.
I tend to like the "exotic" sounding carols like "Patapan". So far, the kids are doing very well with their carols.
Jim loves Patapan too! I never even heard the name until I met him. Funny how these things run in families! I love them all and really can't name a favorite - but my morning poll reveals that Tanners favorite is Jingle Bells and Alex votes for Frosty the Snowman!
Kelly and David loved "Patapan" too, when they were little.
David used to sing the melody and hop around like he was playing a drum.
"Patapan" is wonderful, Kelly and Airan's "O Come O Come Emmanuel" is one of my recent favorites. A new favorite is Loreena Mckennitts "Banquet Hall". I have it an a cd entitled " To Drive the Cold Winter Away". I'm ready for the sun to return. I guess that's why the put Christmas right there, only I guess it was waiting for the "son" to return. Odd how, religions borrow events or beliefs, but don't give validity to each other. Don't mind me, I'm feeling particularly earth and season sensitive. Must be the lack of light. I'm ready for the winter to go.
Post a Comment