Earlier this week I got a phone call from out of the blue-Mike Pekarek! Mike is one of my very best friends from back in the day. I had lost all my contact info for him and Shane Stanke, his wife, when Jack and I moved about 4 years ago. We had a series of unfortunate events that resulted in the loss of many contacts. I have since learned to keep a hard copy of my address book.
Anyway... Mike came to Denver for the IHS Conference this week. He has been playing horn in the George Air Force Reserve Band and Brass Quintet for the past 7 years or so and Shane has been the staff composer/arranger (one of 4 in the entire Air Force). Mike gave me a couple of Cds they recently recorded. Unfortunately Shane couldn't make it this time. We had dinner at The Rio; famous for their margaritas. I had such a great time catching up. Hopefully he and Shane will be back to visit soon. Of course the battery on my camera was dead so I have no pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What fun!! I miss Shane and Mike. Pass along their contact info, would you?
Found this for you. (And Mike and Shane, come to think of it.)
Post a Comment