Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Heckling

Have you ever wanted to spend your day heckling people? I have spent the entire day thinking of ways to heckle people on TV. I think it started when I accidentally caught the premiere of "The Pick-up Artist" on VH1. I think the characters in this show beg to be heckled as they try to learn how to pick up women from the elusive "Mystery." Yes, that's his professional name. School needs to start again. My brains are beginning to atrophy.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

How do shows like that get on TV?? Who watches that crap??

What Dreams said...

I heckle the TV and the radio all the time.
When I'm listening to the radio at work I get some strange looks, but you have to be nuts to work here anyway, so I don't worry about it.
And "shows like that" get on TV because nobody ever went broke underestimating the public's taste. Look at Jerry Springer (if you can stand to watch it without throwing up.)

Heather said...

I'm just nervous that my heckling will bleed over into real life sometime. Can you imagine that nervous 8th grade boy who is just starting to understand how to flirt with the girls. I can see myself heckling the poor kid. I think that might go on the "Creative Ways to Get Fired" list.

AmyW said...

So, heckling has been easily identified as a family trait! Jimbo does it all the time. It keeps me either laughing hysterically or completely appalled, depending on the day :) It takes a quick wit...so I extend sincere admiration to those of you who do it well!

Heather said...

I never said I did it well. Jim does have a particular knack for it. I'm frequently jealous that he can fire off some comment and it's hysterical.