I have eluded to this list many-a-time in the past. My friend Shari began the list long ago when she was having difficulty with her administration. Here is just a sample of the infamous list:
Programming a "Salute to Racism" for your elementary school
Pole Dancing as an integrated unit for PE/Music (Studies show that children learn when different disciplines are integrated)
Telling Kindergarteners that "Mommy and Daddy won't love you anymore if you don't get quiet right away." (Several variations on this)
Playing "The Quiet Game" for a week after an intense Spring Break in Cancun.
Three Martini Lunches (Well actually 1 martini lunches would do it)
Having your art students create bongs during the clay unit (Nice Mother's Day gift there) (BTW this has been witnessed by Jack at a previous school-no kidding!)
Perform "South Park the Musical"
Streaking your students (A little more blatent)
Pussycat Dolls-The Field Show! (With choreography of course)
There are, of course, much less savory additions to this list. What have you seen? What would you like to add to the list?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I had that kindergarten teacher. She didn't get fired for it, either.
Oh Man! That's horrible! It's amazing that you turned out so well after dealing with that abuse. There's a special place for teachers like that; I believe it's the 2nd circle of hell. I can't believe you actually had someone do that.
Your mother put up with much worse.
I had heard about that. The teachers she had should have been fired and kept from working with children.
I think the "Quiet Game" is a perfectly nice idea. I try to get the girls to play it all the time. Future teachers will thank me. (Assuming I'm ever successful.)
I don't know that two year olds are capable of the complexities of the "Quiet Game." Besides, why would you want the girls to keep their genius to themselves?
Post a Comment