How do you start a conversation when you are at a gathering and don't know the people? I find myself in a strange situation every once in a while where people look to me to start a conversation and I just don't know what to say. How do you start conversations that are meaningful and fun?
9 comments:
This is an excellent question to which I have no answers. I suck at small talk. I hope you get some good advice -- I could use it, too.
I'm afraid I'm not much help either.
It's a bummer too, because my job requires a certain amount of networking.
I hope somebody comes up with a good ice-breaker.
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).
Rodrigo: Olhei seu blog e era muito interessante. O propósito principal deste blog é comunicar com meus amigos e a família. Obrigado para seu poste.
Kelly and WD: Free Translation.com is a great tool!
I meant freetranslation.com.
I like babelfish.altavista.com, myself.
I don't understand Spanish myself, but I checked out Rodrigo's blog, and I can tell when someone is hawking tee shirts.
I assume you were telling him that this blog is to keep in touch with family, not to sell crappy clothes.
Does he have any interesting opening lines?
Rodrigo's post was in Portuguese. He just said that he liked the blog. I told him that my blog was to keep in touch with Family and Friends. Anyway, I drove to Cheyenne yesterday to play Mozart's Coronation Mass at the Cathedral with a total stranger. I asked her about herself. She really opened up. That is the key, I suppose. I still don't know how to answer questions about myself without feeling like I will bore people. Any suggestions?
I think the first thing you need to do is have faith in the fact that you are an interesting person people would like to get to know! You have all kinds of interesting knowledge to share, and you've had your own journey in life to get you where you are today. That's stimulating stuff! Don't be afraid to talk about it. People will enjoy what you have to say.
Post a Comment