Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Kansas City and Orlando

We get to mark another state off our list in about 5 days-Florida! We are off to meet friends in Florida for a week after we visit family in Kansas.

One of our wonderful nephews was visiting us this week and will be taken home tomorrow. We had a great time. We went to a great restaurant called Pappadeaux (Cajun), Dave and Busters, bowling, and Boondocks. We all had a great time. I can't wait until the rest of my sibling's children are ten so they can visit us too. That includes the children of my very dear cousin Kelly.

In Orlando we plan to see at least a little of Disney World (Magic Kingdom and Epcot), Sea World, maybe Universal Studios, and Daytona. What, you may ask, is in Daytona? We will have the opportunity to see, and hear, the London Symphony Orchestra with Marin Alsop! Here's the Program: Stravinsky, Firebird Suite; Mendelssohn, Violin Concerto; Rimsky-Korsakov, Scheherazade. Marin Alsop is a great role-model for women in the music field. She is so much fun to watch. I can't wait. We sure miss her in Colorado. I will attempt to update things as much as possible throughout the next few weeks. Have a great summer, I know I am!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You two are a couple of jet-setters these days! You'll have to post lots of pictures when you get back.

And trust me -- I'm counting the days until I can ship the twins off to you.

Anonymous said...

You are a great traveler. Enjoy!

What Dreams said...

Kelly, your can ship the twins off to Grandma & Pop Pop any time!
What a thrill to see Marin Alsop.
Everything else sounds great too.
I should have gone into teaching; summers off sounds great.
Keep us posted.