We had a wonderful time visiting with Jack's family before flying to Florida. Orlando was hot and sticky. We are pretty sure we won't go back to Florida in July unless there is no alternative. We spent our first day in Florida getting acclimated to our surroundings. The humidity and the heat took a little getting used to. On Monday we went to the Magic Kingdom. I think we walked about 12-13 miles that day. We actually hit all of the rides we wanted to try at least once that day. My favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom (Orlando) is Splash Mountain followed by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Pirates of the Caribbean. Jack's favorite was Space Mountain. I think, overall, I like Disneyland more than Disney World when comparing the Magic Kingdom. My favorite ride in Disneyland is the Indiana Jones ride, which is not in Disney World. By the way, the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is slightly shorter and now contains a few Captain Jack's around it. I think the additions were well-done, not like the new Tiki Room. I liked the old show better than this new show.

On Tuesday we went to Sea World. It was hot! It was humid! We had no energy that day. The dolphin and Whale show made me cry, of course. It was beautiful. We also loved the Shamu show, but it was my second favorite. We had an issue with two moms and about 6 small children behind us during the Shamu Rocks Show. The two little boys (around 2-3 years old) kept hanging on us (Yes, pulling on our shoulders to lift himself off the ground) and bumping us. One woman went to get food at the snack bar and left the kids with the other woman. One of the small boys fell off the bench really hard and the woman didn't even notice until I told her. The kid was 5 feet away from her. We were really ticked. Aside from the wackos behind us at the really late show we had a great time.

We took Wednesday off to rest and relax a little. On Thursday we went to Epcot. Epcot was really neat. I enjoyed the International shops and restaurants. We rode Soarin' twice and Mission: Mars once. Mission: Mars is a little difficult to explain. I guess we were in a simulator that spun us around like a centrifuge. We didn't see the spinning part. There was a video screen in front of us that showed lift-off, beautiful shots of space and the surface of Mars. We apparantly took on 2.5 G's. It was cool but kind of scary. I know, I'm a chicken.
On Friday we spent the day at the Kennedy Space Center and the evening in Daytona Beach listening to the London Symphony Orchestra with Marin Alsop. Here are some pics from the KSC:
The KSC was really cool, of course. There was so much I wanted to share with my cousins. The shuttle was out on the launchpad preparing for next week's launch.






4 comments:
Great pictures!! I'm so jealous that you got to see a space shuttle! And that dolphin picture is amazing -- the girls love it. (Of course, they call the dolphins "whales.")
Next time you go to Florida, we'll meet up with you there!
We went in Aug. it was bad. Beautiful pictures. I liked Sea World the best, but that was 20 years ago.
The only time I've been to Florida, it was April, and it was already too hot for me. Is that state ever a comfortable temperature??
I think Jan or Feb.
Post a Comment