Thursday, November 15, 2007

Friday!

One of the greatest "perks" that teachers get is the occasional mini-vacation. Friday is my last day of school until the 26th. It's not paid vacation, but it sure is handy. My brain is TIRED!

Here are my plans for this wonderful, blessed time off: Saturday I will take Jack to breakfast at his favorite Creole restaurant, Lucile's Creole Cafe, in Longmont then go to a craft fair nearby. Saturday evening will be spent celebrating the defense of Lindsey's dissertation. Go Dr. Lindsey! Sunday will most likely be spent sleeping. Jack still has school on Monday and Tuesday so we will not leave to visit family until Wednesday. I haven't decided if I want to paint the kitchen merlot (a beautiful deep ruby color) or give the house an extra special cleaning. I may wait for the painting until December. I also need to squeeze in a visit to the dentist and a physical.

I'm a horrible procrastinator. Actually, I should say I'm a very good procrastinator. I have put off the physical and dental visits for a couple of years. The painting has been put off for three years now. I have had some burn-out with painting. The white walls are starting to drive me a little crazy so I will be painting in the near future. Those are my plans, what are yours?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have t work like Jack on Monday & Tuesday but I will be off till the 26th also...
Our plans.....work on the house and maybe expecting some visitors....y knows!
Have a great time..
Love you

Anonymous said...

If you're thinking resale in a short future RED is not a neutral color that suit future buyers.
Love you

What Dreams said...

Since all my kids and grandkids are going to be here, we have to get together for a Logsdon Family Reunion.
I'll get hold of your Mom & Aunt Bobby and see what plans we can make.
Can't wait to see you!
Love,
Aunt Joanie

Heather said...

WD: We will not be in GJ this year. This is the Kansas year in the rotation.

Anon: If we are selling the house we will have to paint it all white again. What a pain. We are pretty much stuck in this house for 5 more years, minimum. We love our house, though.

What Dreams said...

Rats!
Have a happy Thanksgiving anyway.

Anonymous said...

Do you know who is Anonymous?

Nadine said...

Any stop in NE???

Heather said...

Anon: I guessed who you were. We are only going to be in KS for two days. Not much of a chance for a detour this time. Bummer.