This summer has been full of wonderful times. Now Jack and I are back in school. The second year at a new school is SO much better than the first year.
I am now teaching 6 classes; 6th grade band, 6th grade choir, 7th grade band, 7th grade choir, 8th grade band, and 8th grade choir. I love 5 of my classes and am a little annoyed at one of my classes. The 8th grade band is very immature. Those of you who know me well realize that I have very little patience for stupid behavior. I have about 5 students in a class of 20 that require my constant attention. These students explode if I am not answering their questions when they call out or if I don't address them specifically. You know me. I can't stand that.
My 6th and 7th graders are adorable. I know the honeymoon will be over soon, but they are still in that stage where they want to make me happy. That's my favorite part of beginning groups. Pretty soon they will be overwhealmed with learning new skills and will become middle schoolers. That's OK. I will remember them as the sweethearts they can be.
Louise, my Mother-in-Law sent me a great poem about middle school students. I took it to school to keep near my computer. Maybe later I will share it if I can remember to bring it home. Middle school students are unpredictable. They can be the nicest, most generous people or they can be the meanest, most disrespectful people. It really depends on how their day is going and what has been happening in their lives. I am so glad I had a great middle school experience. I remember the emotions and the politics from that time in my life. I can empathize with these students. It is so hard for them to just get up in the morning. Our school day begins at 7:20. Can you imagine?
Jack loves his school, too. He is working on a new project to teach his 5th graders about the blues. He has some pretty neat ideas. I can't wait to see what happens.
I know that I haven't been updating this blog very often. It seems a little easier to use Facebook right now. I will continue this blog when ever something interesting happens. Take care everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment