Saturday, March 28, 2009

San Fran Part 1

We had a great time in San Francisco. Let me give you a little background information on this trip. When I found out that I would be getting a stipend for teaching both band and choir, I decided that I wanted to do something fun with this money instead of allowing it to be incorporated into our regular spending. I put aside this money every month from September through February for a suprise trip to San Francisco. Jack didn't find out about where we were going until we were checking in for our flight. He had a pretty good idea where we were going based on a few clues that I gave him over the last few months.

Jack has a few ties to that part of the country. He was born at Travis Air Base and lived near San Fran with his family for about the first three years of his life. His aunt and uncle also live nearby. After graduating from high school, Jack took a trip to CA to visit his aunt and uncle. They tackled nearly every tourist stop in the area-in one day!

Ever since we started traveling together Jack has wanted to share the Japanese Tea Garden with me. He said it was his favorite place in the world. On Saturday, March 21, we got to share that experience. It was great!



The view from our hotel window
Very large trees in Golden Gate Park.

No comments: