Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Survived!

Aside from my panic attack when I received the anesthetic, all 4 freakin' shots of it, I survived my dental work. I ended up having 3 new fillings and 1 replacement of my 20+ year old silver filling. By the way, you can get white composite fillings now. It was about $20 more per filling. I replaced my big silver filling with a white filling and had my other lower jaw filling in the white composite. The two upper fillings were silver because they were so darn small anyway. I have been flossing and brushing and rinsing twice a day and still got cavities. It's not fair!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I tell you, it's all a racket! Those dentists are just SAYING you have cavities. They love to torture us.

Nadine said...

At least you are over with it. Just to let you now as you advance in life you need less and less work done on your teeth....that's the good part of getting older. Love you.

AmyW said...

I totally agree with Kelly. I put my dentist through the ringer any time he wants to haul out a drill. We examine the xrays together and I ask 100 questions. I figure if I torture him back, he'll think twice before suggesting he drill ;) Dental work absolutely terrifies me. Congrats for making it through!