I haven't been traveling the world this summer, just working in the yard. So far Jack and I have planted 8 Golden Elderberry bushes, re-seaded/reclaimed some lost grass area in the backyard, moved about a ton of gravel and dirt, and fixed one flowerbed border. When things grow in a bit I will post some pics. I have also logged in about 13 miles on the treadmill. Talk about going nowhere fast...
We also had a wonderful visit with Jack's entire family at our house over Memorial Day weekend. We even found places for everyone to sleep. It helps that his family is small. Our house contained 8 people and 1 cat for a few days. We had a wonderful time, although I still had to work for two of those days. My camera was out of order so I have no pics for you, but it was a blast! We ate at some great restaurants: Simm's Landing, Pappadeaux, and Bubba Gump. Additionally, Jack went with his family, while I had to work, to a really neat place called Boondocks. Boondocks is Tylers favorite place when he comes to visit-forget about Elitch's.
We are ready for our next round of visitors. Who is it gonna be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad you enjoyed your company, we missed the boat for Memorial week-end so I have no idea when your father will have another long 2 1/2 days in a row ...maybe for the 4th of July we'll stay in touch Love you.
Hey, speaking of visitors...let's chat!
It's a sign...I just have to convince Jimbo of that. Last night at dinner we were discussing Mommy's and Daddy's brothers and sisters. Aunt Heather was discussed and Tanner asked where you were. I said Colorado, and he said 'Too bad because I live in Ridgemont'. Well...Ridgemont is the name of our street...still working on city/state/address and how they all relate...but he got the gist of it anyway.
So - I told him we had to take a plane to see Aunt Heather and he about lept out of his chair and said excitedly 'Oh sure - I would love to go on the plane!'. Jim smiled...which means that the absence of a dirty look for putting the thought in Tanner's head means he's marginally open to the idea. I'll work on him a bit and do some flight searches. Guilt trips by any CO based family members will be a welcome addition to my negotiations.
Post a Comment